As part of activities slated for the 2019 Human Rights Summit, the National Human Rights Commission is presenting Human Rights Awards to individuals, Federal/State agencies and Corporate Institutions
- Members of the public are hereby invited to nominate persons, MDAs and corporate institutions that merit the award bearing in mind the underlisted criteria.
CRITERIA FOR HUMAN RIGHTS AWARD
- The impact of the nominee’s work or contribution in improving the understanding and respect for human rights;
- The impact of the nominee’s contribution in eliminating social injustice, discriminatory attitudes and practices;
- The impact of the nominee’s work in promoting, protecting, defending, monitoring and reporting human rights abuse/violations;
- The impact of the nominee’s work in creating an enabling environment conducive to the enjoyment of human rights and sustainable development;
- The amount of energy, industry, time and resources spent by the nominee in the promotion and protection of human rights in the country;
- The risk of negative consequences faced by the nominee in the cause of his or her work;
- The extent to which the approach employed in the work of the nominee is responsive to the needs and rights of the people; and
- The impact of the nominee’s work in addressing human rights violations in the society.
2019 HUMAN RIGHTS SUMMIT/AWARD DINNER
Date: December 8th 2019
Venue: Sheraton Hotel and Towers, Zone 4 Wuse, Abuja.
Time: 4:00PM (Guests to be sitted by 3:30PM)
Nominations should be addressed to:
The Executive Secretary,
National Human Rights Commission,
No. 19 Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama,
Or the following sites.